BCS - Winona
Indirectly: Supply Chain Coordinator
The Inventory Technician, under general supervision, receives incoming shipments, prepares outgoing shipments, escalates shipping concerns, and maintains an accurate, organized materials inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives incoming material, checks items received against packing slip to ensure shipment is accurate and free of damage and enters receipts into the business systems
- Communicates with supply chain coordinator and project manager on any material shortages/overages/damages on deliveries
- Delivers incoming shipments of materials to proper destination along with appropriate labeling and paperwork
- Works with the Supply Chain Coordinator to maintain inventory accuracy and supports specific duties during their absence
- Responsible for maintaining an organized materials stockroom with an accurate inventory system
- Packages and prepares equipment, materials and parts for domestic and international shipping
- Assists supply chain coordinator with shipping paperwork as needed
- Delivers and picks up materials locally in a straight truck or cargo van
- Identifies and supports implementation of inventory management process improvements
- Performs other duties or tasks as assigned by team leader or shop supervisor
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to details and a good communicator
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision utilizing proficient organizational and time management skills
- Possesses a sense of pride for your work and conducts oneself in a professional and customer-centric fashion
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment under stressful situations
- Able to follow direction and takes responsibility for own actions
- Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently uses hands to operate equipment and tools
- Occasionally climbs and reaches to heights above 5 feet
- High School Diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license is required
- Two-year Associate’s degree in related area of study preferred
- 2+ years of inventory management and/or warehousing experience is required
- At least 1 year of previous experience with shipping/receiving/material handling
- Ability to work overtime including weekends
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
Power tools, hand tools, ladders, forklift, pallet jack and computers.
This position is working inside the facility.Safety glasses and safety toe shoes are required.