BCS - Winona
Indirectly: Team Leads
The Electromechanical Technician, under general supervision, works closely with the Engineering team to fabricate, assemble, validate and install production assembly lines and testing stations along with providing input to improvements of the design and function of the equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic sub-assemblies, and PLC controls
- Assembles equipment from 3D models, drawings, bill of materials, specifications and schematics
- Routes cables and hoses neatly through cable tray and raceways
- Basic machining and fabricating of components using manual milling machines, lathes and bending equipment as required
- Works collaboratively with project managers and all other cross-functional team members in a team orientated environment
- Effectively documents the machine build and any changes made to the build
- Communicates any changes or modifications that need to be made in order to properly assemble the equipment to the project manager
- Identifies, debugs and corrects any problems during initial testing/start-up stage of equipment
- Prepares equipment for shipment to the customer
- Performs installation, debug, repair and other field service duties that require off-site travel to support onsite installation of equipment at Customer locations
- Keeps fabrication and assembly work areas clean, neat and organized to allow for safe and efficient work areas.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned by team leader or shop manager
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of electrical systems, AC/DC electrical circuits and pneumatic/hydraulic schematics preferred
- Previous experience installing or troubleshooting mechanical, electrical or pneumatic/hydraulic systems preferred
- Strong computer skills.Understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and e-Drawings preferred
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to details and a good communicator
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision utilizing proficient organizational and time management skills
- Possesses a sense of pride your work and conducts oneself in a professional and customer-centric fashion
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment under stressful situations
- Able to follow direction and takes responsibility for own actions
- Must be able to regularly lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently uses hands to operate equipment and tools
- Occasionally climbs and reaches to heights above 5 feet
- High School Diploma or GED and valid driver’s license is required
- Two-year technical Associate’s degree in Electromechanical Technology, Automation Systems Technology, Electrical Technology, Tool and Die/Machine Building or related technical field preferred
- Ability to work overtime including weekends.
- Ability to travel overnight, as needed, to install and service equipment. Must be able to travel by car or air as needed (domestic and international).
Drill press, grinders, saws, Bridgeport mill, CNC mills, CNC lathe, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, power tools, hand tools, electrical fabrication tools, ladders, forklift, pallet jack and computers.
This position is working inside the facility.Safety glasses and safety toe shoes are required.
Appply at: www.BCS-AIS.com