BCS - Galesville
Operators ensure that acceptable product is produced in each of the molding cells, prepares that product for shipment, and keeps packaging materials supplied to molding machines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts visual product quality inspections-automatic machines is hourly visual inspections and manual machines require every part to be inspected
- Keeps machine and work area clean
- Places part runners in grinder
- Keeps the correct packaging and quantities maintained at each machine and assists those running manual machines to do the same
- Sorts or reworks parts offline as needed
- Promotes safety throughout the plant and participates in Behavior Based Safety observations
Incumbent must have a high school education or equivalent.The ability to work weekends and overtime including up to 12 hour shifts is required.
Must have basic mathematical skills and computer skills.Incumbent must be self-motivated, organized, a good communicator, able to follow direction, work well with others, and rapidly process information; able to remain safety conscious and precise while multi-tasking in a fast pace environment; and able to handle high pressure situations know when to seek escalation if required.
Knowledge of molding machines, materials, molds, and other equipment used in the plastics molding
field is helpful.
- Frequently stands and walks during their shift of up to 12 hours
- Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
- Frequently performs visual inspections of parts
- Frequently uses hands when handling parts and packaging
- Occasionally bends
Injection molding machines, material grinders, clippers, utility knives, and scales.
This position is working inside the facility.The exposure to loud noise is minimal exposure.Safety glasses are required.Hearing protection is required in designated materials areas.
Applications accepted thru INDEED.COM